Hardware Online Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about Camping ?

5 posters

Go down

What about Camping ? Empty What about Camping ?

Post  Sniffle Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm always surprised to see many (with also experienced players) camp in a place most of the game session, i particular in 1vs1...
I tryed myself some time, but very quickly, I get bored, i need to move, take risks ... in fact i feel in can't play a static game like this.
When I face this kind of play, I try to catch the camper one or two times, but its mostly to spend the time and finish the round instead of leaving, but my only will is finally to leave that game.

So what about you ? For experienced players, is it really more easy, or more safe ? Or what do you feel exciting in this game style ?

Sniffle
Sniffle

Back to top Go down

What about Camping ? Empty Re: What about Camping ?

Post  Asmotech Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:34 pm

You can camp, aswell as play laserman style and spawnkill. But those who camp are mostly just too afraid to go out and kill people. I like your style, to go out and take risks, but it isnt really safe, is it? You can try to play my style if you want. You are out and move when you got many weapons, but still driving carefully for attacks. You die less by using this method. I dont take many risks and I still win 70% of my games.

Short answer is that camping should only be allowed for 1 minute maximum to keep the game fair.
But what do you define as an camper?

For me it is a person who stays longer then 2 minutes on the same location. Owner is calling me a camper, even though Im out and moving through the entire game.

Some things to think on in the future for all!
Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniffle Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Sure it isn't safe Smile.. but what is the risk ? loosing points and rank ? I think that, behind the gamepad, the player stay the same, with or without high ranking !
I like very much your game style, ScarZ, and during a round spend my time to ask myself "WoW, how did he did that ??" .. And this is exactly what it makes the game interesting.. when you're killed from a place you didn't saw, or by a glitch you don't understand ("how did he killed me with only 1 heavy while I've full health and shield").

Learning cost points and rank.. and then ? what's matter ? Ranking will come back with the knowlegde, this is not important, we're all here to have fun.

Not easy to define what a 'camper' is.. I'm not sure its a question of time... however, when we see a player 2/3 of the playtime in the same position doing the same thing, i don't think there's any possible doubt. Beside this, it can also be an attitude : someone returning soon or late in the same position, several times in a round and stay there, even for only some minutes (usually they can't stay long when there's many people in the lobby)

Owner call you 'camper' ??? lol How should we call him in some games, then ? Smile (in particular in A51 .. above the missile hangar, in the corner !) .. I keep a great distance with Owner's opinions.. you were here when he told me I "hide too much" :shock: .. still not really understood what he meant Smile

Sniffle
Sniffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniffle Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Anyway, i don't blame players who like this method.. I just would like to understand what they find exciting in it !
Sniffle
Sniffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmotech Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm

With hiding he means that you hides from him. That he don't see you much. He says the same to me, I think you were there the last time. I don't know why he says that to people. Could it be his way of crying? 95% of all generals camping on ruins. On the house to the right from the ruins. I can talk for days about players who only sit there. I'm glad to be 1 of the 5% who don't. Another one who doesn't use that house is NoMercY.

Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver R Owner Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:14 am

ScarZ wrote:With hiding he means that you hides from him. That he don't see you much. He says the same to me, I think you were there the last time. I don't know why he says that to people. Could it be his way of crying? 95% of all generals camping on ruins. On the house to the right from the ruins. I can talk for days about players who only sit there. I'm glad to be 1 of the 5% who don't. Another one who doesn't use that house is NoMercY.

hahahhah no crying scarz but u really r a camper and nomercy is a cheater u say its a good player but he use a switch when he start too lose he used it

Silver R Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmotech Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Tell me what you mean with camper then, so we can see what we can do better Wink.
And NoMercY haven't used the switch in the games I've played so it was hard for me to know that =).
The first one who told me that was :saint:, 2 days after my last post on this topic.
Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhiram Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 pm

I used to camp alot...maybe 5 years ago when I am a so called noob but i rarely do it now unless a player is lasernoobing of course.

I don't appreciate camping though

Abhiram

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmotech Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 pm

I just can't see you as a camper ;P.
I also used to camp 24/7 6 yrs ago on area and ruins. On area I had fun winning from hangar in the bigger games but my behavior changed alot when I learned to use the railgun properly.
On ruins I used to camp on the heavy houses, but back then I used to sit with heavys. Didn't move for entire games. It's better to just go up and see if there's anyone to shoot, then go to the other side and slay em all.
Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhiram Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 am

Yes, I do very little camping now for the very same reason as you Scarz.

I used to camp a whole game sometimes but in the end i didn't have much fun camping so I decided to play properly.

Abhiram

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmotech Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:35 am

Not many that camps anymore. Just 2-3 players, like Owner on Quarry (in the lighthouse). Wink.

Great to see that more and more players goes out and plays like regular people!
Keep it up Very Happy.

I still don't see why Owner,mr blackk and Stat Player BB calls me camper and hider. Im out and drives and shoot whenever I see ya. I nearly never stands still for more then 5 seconds : P. Usually just on Arctic, on the bunker-ramps. : P. No other spot.
Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Unholy Saint Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Very fine line between campers and players who just want to admire the decor in a certain place for a while (ie 5mins+)
Im not going to name players like Scarz did, but certains players do camp/hide/not fight.

I personally do not mind the campers, as it makes it easier for me to know where they are and how to get to them.
Hiders are a little annoying as they hide most of the game. But the none fighters are the worst for me especially when they hold
a general badge. They are the type of players who just wait for you to bring the fight to them while they wait somewhere for someone to come along. Strange stuff.

I do camp sometimes, to re-group and re-think my game and plan ahead. Almost like a game of chess, you have to think sometimes and plan ahead.

Each player is different and therefore play differently. To each there own, and if they enjoy a certain decor in a certain place and admire it for 5mins+ or simply wish to rest there active fingers then they should do as long as they enjoy doing so.

I appreciate everyone being different on hoa as it makes it more interesting.

See you soon happy campers/hiders/none-fighters and decor lovers! Cool
Unholy Saint
Unholy Saint

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmotech Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:57 pm

It's a good explanation. Wink. Thanks for sharing your opinion and thoughts.
Asmotech
Asmotech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum